Tusa Iq-400??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OglalaDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Saw that you can get a TUSA IQ-400 from Divers Supply for $170. Know one guy who has one thats old as dirt and still works great. Anyone else have any experience with these??? What features does it have??
Marty

I've had mine for over 6 years. got it in a package deal from Sunshine sports mailorder from NYC. First reg I ever bought. Since then I have added a Apeks tx-100 with sealed first, a sherwood blizzard, a maximus, a Zeagle flat head VI with extreme 2nd, US Divers Artic, AGA, Nira, Odin, and a couple others which came and went so quickly I don't remember them. I just looked and I have the tx-100, the neptune with Nira, the blizzard and of course the 400. The reg has been fully rebuilt only once, most trouble I have ever had with it after over 150 dives on it is that sand got trapped inside the adjustment knob, it caused some grinding and made the knob tough to turn, a complete tear down and clean up and she was as good as new. It now has over 300 dive on it and I finally broke down and replaced all the seals in it. This reg is pretty tough and wears like iron but that may be because I really take care of my gear, and look after it like a hawk. But like I said it has always been reliable and the adjustment has always worked perfect, unlike the maximus and especially my TX-100 (apeks was even stumped on that one and ended up giving me a new reg, which is mediocre in my opinion). Worth every penny at 170.

This is a dive computer....not a regulator. Appreciate the help though.

OglalaDiver once bubbled...
Saw that you can get a TUSA IQ-400 from Divers Supply for $170. Know one guy who has one thats old as dirt and still works great. Anyone else have any experience with these??? What features does it have??
Marty

FYI - You can get them for $145 from Leisure Pro, and they've been selling for $130-140 on ebay from an outfit in Miami.

I believe I read somewhere before that Suunto made these for Tusa, and that this model is the same as the Favor. Perhaps someone else could confirm. It is an air only computer, and does not have download capabilities to a pc.

Marc :jester:

I bought one two years ago and used it until I got nitrox certified, I then gave it to my fiance and she still uses it. Its a good computer, not as sleek as the Mosquito, but it isn't a big as some computers. It doesn't calculate for nitrox, has a limited log book (9 dives) and must be sent in to change the battery (Ours has not had its battery changed yet in 2 years and is still working with about 100 dives on it. I like it because it serves as a clock when not in use; however, I did get locked out of it for surfacing with the acsent warning engaged.

Overall, it is a good cheap starter computer.

has said plus a couple of other things to think about. This is a VERY conservative computer, a plus to me.
You can change the battery but it is not recommended.
All said I have been more than happy with mine after 4 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom