Komodo. No Reservations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamtodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just how easy is it to hop on a Komodo liveaboard without reservations? I am gonna be over that way in Oct. but just want to play it by ear. I have some time to play with. Where is the place to find the liveaboard companies? Have any of you heard of people sucessfully booking on arrival?? Thanks!!

Hi Adamtodd, as I am sure others will tell you, the only way to guarantee yourself a spot is to book in advance. Some of the liveaboard boats are full until 2010!

That's not to say it's impossible to jump on one when you arrive, but you might want to consider what boats will have space at this time, because there is a vast difference in quality in Indonesia. In a place like Komodo you would be well advised to stick to reputable operators.

Maybe 5 or 10 years ago Komodo would have been one of those turn up and see places, but now it has become more of a book early to avoid disappointment destination.

Try Grand Komodo Tours. They operate several liveaboards. Their office is in Bali.

Depends on what you want out of a live-aboard. It maybe possible to hire one small ones in Komodo that operate to/from Labuanbajo. Give a call to +62 8155701393 (bali based) LABUAN BAJO
+62 385 41862 also give a call to Songline cruises (based in Jakarta but very helpful) +62 858-80-246-295 or +62 21 786-5617

eMail: Info@SongLineCruises.com

Back
Top Bottom