Really good customer service from Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With all the reports of bad customer services experiences I wanted to report a really good experience with Oceanic.

I've had my VEO 250 for about 1 year, 10 months, exactly 114 dives. After my last set of dives it went into H2O mode and wouldn't shut off. The manual says the contacts may still be bridged so rinse it better. I let is soak overnight and dry out, but it still said H2O mode and didn't shut off.

So I email Oceanic tech support and ask what to do. I get an email back from tech the same day (1st good customer service point - same day response).

The email suggests to remove and then reinstall the battery to try to reset the computer and it also gives me a return authorization number and all the instructions to return it if that doesn't work (2nd good customer service point - all the info I needed in the 1st contact).

The battery remove & reinstall doesn't work so I box it up last Friday and send it FedEx for Monday delivery. On Monday I check FedEx tracking and see that Oceanic received it at 9:13 AM. That same evening I get an email that they have already sent it back it and gave me the UPS tracking number (3rd really good customer service point - one day service & shipping).

I get it back today just two days after Oceanic received it. I open up the box and see that they also changed my badly scratched plastic face plate with a new one and the packing slip says "no charge" (4th good customer service point - a new face plate free).

I'm guessing it was a very simple fix for them, but still so many other businesses take a week or two before they even take a look at your item, and the new face plate was a nice touch. Good job Oceanic!

One more kudo to Oceanic. A couple of weeks ago, I flooded my VEO 250 which I've had for about 2 years. My LDS sent it in. Last Saturday, my LDS informed me that Oceanic was replacing it with a brand new one. Unbelievable! Oceanic has just earned a lifetime customer as well as a new source for word of mouth advertisment.

One more kudo to Oceanic. A couple of weeks ago, I flooded my VEO 250 which I've had for about 2 years. My LDS sent it in. Last Saturday, my LDS informed me that Oceanic was replacing it with a brand new one. Unbelievable! Oceanic has just earned a lifetime customer as well as a new source for word of mouth advertisment.

For my info, how do you flood a computer? Is it after a battery change and the cover/o ring doesn't get put back right?

Qupte:
For my info, how do you flood a computer? Is it after a battery change and the cover/o ring doesn't get put back right?

That is one of the more frequent scenarios.

Others I have heard of involve having a cracked casing, screen,etc.

In my situation. operator head space. I replaced the battery the night before and was absolutely positive that the o-ring was firmly seated. Just because the battery is designed to be replaced by the owner doesn't always mean the battery should be replaced by the owner.

I recently sent Oceanic an e-mail inquiry about whether or not to use mask cleaner on their new Pioneer mask and receive a response in less than 5 minutes. This is top notch customer service!

I had a problem with the software for my pro plus 2 a/i computer. Called on a Friday afternoon and received a return call on Monday with an apology for the delay because he was home sick on Friday........fixed my problem over the phone on Monday.......Service problems with Oceanic, yes finding something to compain about their service!!!

If it wasn't for reading and hearing such great things about Oceanic and their customer support, I wouldn't be walking into my LDS tomorrow morning (say....9am) and purchasing a brand new Atom 2.0 dive computer. Of course the 40% off sale helps a bit too. If I have any problems with it...I know I'll be in good hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom