Uwatec service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Aladin Prime computer died last weekend while logging some dives at the kitchen table. The left button just "popped" out! I called Uwatec and they said that the only way to possible get service was through a dealer. I had purchased it second hand so I am reluctant to bring it to a Scubapro dealer. (I hate the "wrath"!)

Anyway, does anyone know how I can bypass the dealer and get it either serviced or replaced at a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance!!

There is no wrath here. I can certainly take care of it for you. Warrantee coverage is to orginal owner only so there will probably be some cost to you, but I'm not going to beat you up over buying second hand.

Wow, that would be awesome! Now, I just got to get it to you... I live in Lakeville, MA... It's kind of a long drive.

I suppose I could ship it up to you.

Any idea what a non-covered repair generally costs?

Thanks!

Well the right button on mine broke off. It was only the plastic, I was able to retain the spring and metal washer. Mine is under warranty, but I am afraid to send it in. I am afraid that they will just send me a refurbed one and keep mine to fix. With the problems that some have had with there Aladin Primes I really want to make sure mine is fixed and sent back to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom