I did a 60 min dive at Anilao's Beatrice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So 2 weekends ago I flew in from Taipei Friday morning, and got to Anilao at 3PM. I'd have gone diving but I got a migraine from waking up early, and the drugs didn't work until it was too late.

But I was able to put in 4 dives on Saturday including a night dive - (flew out Sunday afernoon). (BTW the following weekend I spent 4+ days in PG).

I stayed at Balai, with 2 non diver friends. Berting was my DM.

At noon time we went to Beatrice to see if conditions were good. My God it was good. Vis was ~80 ft, and current was very mild. The current stayed mild, and we were able to circle the whole reef, and we stayed down 60 minutes, despite going down to IIRC 70-80 ft!

Beatrice has always been one of my favorites, and I don't remember it being this beautiful. Every inch was covered in colorful soft coral. And I remember that the currents were strong and you couldn't stay down very long, nor circle the whole reef.

Being noon time with excellent vis, the light was very bright and the colors were popping. It was like a dream. I even thought to myself, if I die at this moment, I'll be happy. How I wish I had a video camera.

When we got up, Berting said that in 18 years of diving, he NEVER saw Beatrice like this - 80 ft vis with near zero current, and being able to circle the whole reef and stay for 60 minutes! Wow!! Funny that what we got back to Balai, the news of our dive soon spread among the divers and the DM's. :)

wow! lucky you. current there is usually strong. mild current + 80ft vis! beatrice is one of the favorite dive sites in anilao. i agree with jon, it's like that opening scene from finding nemo.

Back
Top Bottom