Suggestion Re: DR Crotch Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have quite a few Dive Rite products that I happily use but recently I purchased two of your 2" crotch straps, and can't say I was too happy with them. I wanted to offer some feedback that would maybe help improve them because I like your webbing, and probably will use it in future too.

It's a PITA to thread a buckle through the crotch strap loop. The loop is too tight. You should make it a little bigger. I use DR buckle so I am compatible - it just is a struggle every time compared to other crotch straps, especially with drygloves on.

The strap is too short. I am not a giant but I am not sure how taller divers figure this out. There is noway I can get the butt d-ring located correctly. If I get enough length on the strap, the ring will vanish under my tank. I don't use monster tanks, just HP100s/LP85s/AL80s. To get the strap long enough (and I like it tight!), I have to thread the d-ring so high it's unusable. I can't wear a reel under my tank!

I am a bit bummed because I bought two of these on a sale from out-of-town shop so I have no recourse. I have not cut them in any way. Any suggestions how I could rig them?

Hi Piikki,

Thanks for your question, we're happy to help.

What harness are you using, are you using a TransPac? If so please note that when using the 2-inch Crotch Strap with the TransPac, our Crotch Strap Adaptor is required.

The crotch strap is 42-inches long, this should be more then sufficient for most divers.

Do you mind sending us photos of how you have set up the crotch strap so we can help you better.

Best,
Ag

I have quite a few Dive Rite products that I happily use but recently I purchased two of your 2" crotch straps, and can't say I was too happy with them. I wanted to offer some feedback that would maybe help improve them because I like your webbing, and probably will use it in future too.

It's a PITA to thread a buckle through the crotch strap loop. The loop is too tight. You should make it a little bigger. I use DR buckle so I am compatible - it just is a struggle every time compared to other crotch straps, especially with drygloves on.

The strap is too short. I am not a giant but I am not sure how taller divers figure this out. There is noway I can get the butt d-ring located correctly. If I get enough length on the strap, the ring will vanish under my tank. I don't use monster tanks, just HP100s/LP85s/AL80s. To get the strap long enough (and I like it tight!), I have to thread the d-ring so high it's unusable. I can't wear a reel under my tank!

I am a bit bummed because I bought two of these on a sale from out-of-town shop so I have no recourse. I have not cut them in any way. Any suggestions how I could rig them?

I am not using my TansPac at the moment, so this strap is strictly for plate only. I have an OMS plate. Can't take photos right this moment (maybe later) but how things stand the butt d-ring is set 8" below the plate (slit). This way it rides right were the tank ends, not perfect, and leaves me less than an inch of webbing past the d-ring, as well as ends up being very tight fit.

The strap is 42" like you say but making it any longer, and there is no way the d-ring is of any use to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom