FL Keys spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are going to Marathon the end of August and the guys are planning on doing a little spearfishing. Where is the best place to go to get info on where and what you can spearfish? Here at our local lake the only fish we can spearfish for is catfish. Only non sport fish.
If you know, please pass it along! Thanks!

Let's start with a map of the Keys and all the places shown that you can't spearfish.

attachment.php

If you are planning on going out with a dive shop that takes out spear fishers, they will know where you can and cannot dive. Also, you can get a map like the on above at many dive shops.

Contact Hall's Dive Shop in Marathon.
Speak to Nick or Randy. Tell them Richey referred you to them. They will be of enormus help to you in every respect.

Hey Staci,

I am Nick as previously mentioned by richesb !

Feel free to give me a call at Hall's diving center 305-743-5929. We are very spear friendly and 80% of the staff here spearfish in our free time!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ps. HEEEEEY Richy :)

Hello,

My wife and I will be coming from Brasil to Key Largo at the beginning of October. How far away from key largo are you?

Regards,

Chris

Cocnh republic divers might have a trip going. You can call them 800-274-3483. They are close to key largo. Have fun we have gone spearfishing with them and have been very successful! Have fun!
Hello,

My wife and I will be coming from Brasil to Key Largo at the beginning of October. How far away from key largo are you?

Regards,

Chris

Posted via Mobile Device

Back
Top Bottom