Ikelite Housing, 2x- DS-125, Canon 20D, Error 99

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kradk

Reaction score
I have had this combination for quite sometime now, and when I'm shooting I get the error 99, and the camera freezes. I have cleaned all contact points, has anyone else had this problem. It's so random, one dive I maybe take 50 shots, next I get down 40 Ft. 2 maybe 3 shots, then the error! I have tried my three different lens, Canon, 60mm Macro, Canon 17-85mm, and Tokina 12-24mm, it does it with either set up! It's very frustrating to the point where I'm not even using it much as I'll be at 80 Ft, with a big SLR attached to my BCD along for the ride........Help!!!!

I am pretty sure that Err 99 is a Canon camera issue. I would check with Canon first.

Most often happens when the contacts are dirty, but you have cleaned them. Second most often seems to be on a low or dying battery.

Does it do the same above water, I am assuming it does.

Sorry for your trouble with the 20D camera and housing. We have occasionally seen 20D cameras exhibit this intermittent problem in the past. A modification in our TTL programming has eliminated the random communication error that causes this.

If you send your housing in along with a copy of this post and your contact information, we can swap out your TTL circuit for you. Send to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Repair Dept.
50 West 33rd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Phone 317.923.4523

Thanks for the opportunity to correct this!

Jean / Ikelite

Yes, I know that its a canon problem, but I have only gotten it 2-3 times while shooting above water (no housing) since owning the camera since 2005. I will send the housing and a copy of the previous post with it. Might as well give the housing a complete going over while you have it in your possession. Thank you so much for answering my post.

Konrad Kendrick

Ok I will send this Housing to your guys, thank you for the replacement circuits.

Konrad

This post is for Ikelite Staff and is regarding the 7/30/08 post about the Canon 20D error 99 problem. My son and I have both experienced the same problem. Please let me know if I can pack up my housing and send it to you to have the TTL modification done. Trust me, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your attention to this matter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom