Frequency of Housing Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When/how often should a housing be sent back to you for o-ring replacement. I have a D200 housing, everything is working perfectly and I would rather not have it fail.

We recommend returning a housing for service every 1-3 years depending on use and care. It's definitely time to return it if the buttons are getting sticky or there is an excessive amount of salt buildup around the controls.

General maintenance includes replacement of all seals, checking of controls and TTL circuit and water pressure test. For a dSLR housing, cost of service is $125 + return shipping. Typical turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks. Return along with a brief letter of explanation and full contact info to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Repair Dept.
50 West 33rd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Phone: 317-923-4523

Thanks,
Jean / Ikelite

We recommend returning a housing for service every 1-3 years depending on use and care. It's definitely time to return it if the buttons are getting sticky or there is an excessive amount of salt buildup around the controls.

General maintenance includes replacement of all seals, checking of controls and TTL circuit and water pressure test. For a dSLR housing, cost of service is $125 + return shipping. Typical turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks. Return along with a brief letter of explanation and full contact info to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Repair Dept.
50 West 33rd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Phone: 317-923-4523

Thanks,
Jean / Ikelite

What would the turnaround be shipping a housing via your Ontario Canada distributor?

Sent mine in October 17th by Fedex ground, should arrive at Ikelite tomorrow. Will let you know when I get it back. Nothing wrong with it, just has about 200 dives on it and I have a long trip planned.

Sending your housing in directly is always the most efficient way to get it repaired or serviced. When sending internationally, it's very important to correctly list the item as being returned for repair service by the original manufacturer. This helps to avoid any duties or customs charges.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Sending your housing in directly is always the most efficient way to get it repaired or serviced. When sending internationally, it's very important to correctly list the item as being returned for repair service by the original manufacturer. This helps to avoid any duties or customs charges.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Glad I asked. I would have guessed using the distributor was more efficient. Thanks for the customs duties avoidance tip:D

Got the housing back - November 21. Just over a month from taking it to Fed-Ex and receiving it back US Post (best for me across the border). I think Ikelite had it for just under 2 weeks, the rest of the time was in transit. $125 plus shipping. All exactly as promised.

Seems like you did not have any issues with Canadian customs or customs borkers, which would have been my concern Darnold9999.

General maintenance includes replacement of all seals, checking of controls and TTL circuit and water pressure test. For a dSLR housing, cost of service is $125 + return shipping.
Well...damn. I had no idea we should do such things. Had I known, I might have sent my housing in with my strobe and save on postage ):

I have a sticky button or two - I'm thinking I could solve that with some silicone grease.

How much is this service for a G2 housing? It doesn't have any electronics on it or anything.

Of course, since the G2 is so old, I could buy another G2 camera for $100 or less - doesn't make much sense to spend much more on the housing for it at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom