Suunto SK7/Oceanic Sidescan Wrist Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
I'm looking to put my compass on my wrist. I have looked at the Suunto sk7 and the Oceanic Sidescan. Sawa both only online. Anyone use either of these? Likes/dislkies? CanI use a bungee with either of them? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can personally recommend the Suunto SK7, and also tell you that it is a hugely popular compass with good reason. I like the sturdiness, ease of use in that the bezel turns easily but not freely, and yes, you can absolutely attach it with bungee. Do a search for "SK7" and "Bungee" and you'll find a bunch of ways to do it. My preference, 2 loops of 1/8" bungee w/Zeppelin Bends to knot it.

Not 100% sure about bungee though, but I think I saw those on bungees.

JeffAustin once bubbled...
And is easy to put onto bungee, which makes it really convenient.

Likewise!

Dave D

Should I use bungee or surgical tubing?

Hey lal,
where did you get those straps? Do they come loose?

taat2d once bubbled...
Hey lal,
where did you get those straps? Do they come loose?

The straps are made by dive rite and were purchased from www.fillexpress.com but can probably be purchased any place that sells dive rite gear.I have not had a chance to try them out yet but i dont think it will be a problem with them coming loose.The entire band is made of 1" wide bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom