Vyper new style console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi everyone, I've been looking online at the vyper new style console, but cannot figure out if it can be taken out and wrist mounted like the regular wrist version. The module looks identical, but is connected to the pressure guage. Was also wondering if a compass could be added as well. Anyone seen this before?

go for the cobra, its air intergrated and on lp its only like $135 more, and that includes a compass. i have one and love it. very easy to use. and very nice.

I've seen very little on the vyper console ... even checked the suunto site, but cannot seem to find any info on it. Does that mean the vyper console version uses an hp hose?

The console version is not connected to a HP hose. No way for it to be. Its the same module as the wrist unit. Just add the straps and the boot. The SUunto console is a modular system with a pressure gauge, the computer, and then a compass. Each piece is only connected to the boot, not to each other. The HP hose goes to the pressure guage.

CHeck this out: http://www.sea-quest.com/pages/dcomp/dc_vyper.html

That gives you a good pic of the wrist, and the console version. See, no HP hose connected to the vyper. Only to the PG. GOod luck...

LUBOLD8431

Thanks for the info. You're the king! That's what I was trying to find out. I searched around the suunto site but could not find anything, unless I completely missed it somehow. I even call leisurepro but the guy there couldn't answer my question.

wlo93 once bubbled...
Hi everyone, I've been looking online at the vyper new style console, but cannot figure out if it can be taken out and wrist mounted like the regular wrist version. The module looks identical, but is connected to the pressure guage. Was also wondering if a compass could be added as well. Anyone seen this before?

Yes and yes.

I first added the compass to the top of the console, which made it a bit long for my taste. $45 from DiveInn.

I then bought the boot, straps and pins from a LDS and took the Vyper out of the console and wrist mounted it. $14

This left the SPG and compass in a shorter console.

Then I found the compass that mounts on the back of the SPG at DiveInn for $45. ebay'd the old compass for $56.

The modular system works quite well.

Marc :jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom