Off to the Medio Reef! Hi Ho, Nekton-away!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, here we go. Saturday down to good old Fort Lauderdale, and then out to the wilds of the Medio Reef! We commit ourselves into the hands of the Great God Nekton, and pray for good conditions (and hot photo ops:wink:). I will try to post somewhat of a trip report upon our return. Virtually everyone I have told about this has been completely baffled when I tell them where we are going, and I have taken to carrying a copy of the CIA Bahamas map in my wallet to show folks where this is. One lady noticed the proximity to Cuba, and asked, in all seriousness-"oh, can you get some Cuban cigars, then?" I told her," not unless a passing flounder might be peddling them":eyebrow: Woody

What a grand opportunity. Have fun and file a report- you've written a few in the past :wink:

And know this- the Cuban Cigars that you may find in the Bahamas (if you make landfall) aren't worth the price and are likely fakes.

@Rotanman

I don't smoke, so no worries about the cigars.

Right now I am a bit nervous about the weather, there are a bit too many colored blotches on that National Hurricane Center. One is headed this way, to Houston.

My trip reports are a bit different from the usual as you may have noticed. Let it suffice to say this is my third Nekton trip. Previously, Nekton has taken me to Mona Island and the Cayman Islands with both trips producing some outstanding diving.

Hey Leadweight,
I'm flying over from the UK for the same Nekton departure (9th) - always nice to meet up with fellow SB'ers

Andy G

Andy G,

Way cool, and watch out for those cigars!

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom