CG2216 gauge filled with water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pixeled

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've got a concern on my hands.

Last week I purchased a Sherwood 1st stage/regulator set up with a CG2216 compact gauge console.

In the very first usage of this rig, during my certification, after I get out of the pool, I notice the pressure gauge 1/2 filled with water.

It had performed for 3 hours flawlessly, and was quite accurate..

removing the gauge from the 1st stage showed no water in the line, nor coming from the gauge..

it's been 4 hours now out of the water, and the outside is completely dry, but the gauge still shows 1/2 filled..

My question is, is this gauge toast? My dive instructor, who has over 1200 dives under his belt said that he's never seen this, and was concerned. I've only done a dozen or so resort dives, and I recall seeing it on at least 1/2 those dives (and the instructors there had claimed it to be OK).

What's the 411 on this gauge? I really don't want to use it again until I find out..

-roy

oh, and the unit had been treated like a fabergé egg- no dropping on the ground, or in any other way mishandled.

starting pressure was 3500 psi

Take the gauge back to your dealer. If the gauge is brand new they should replace it with out an issue.

Sherwood Scuba Rep

thanks.. that is my plan. (the dealer said that his personal one *just* did the same thing, though he had never seen anything like it before.. must have been a bad batch)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom