Booking with Dive-the-World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajy733

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone had any experience good or bad booking a dive package through Dive-the-World? They seem to have good prices and I like the fact I can use a credit card so I don't have to fight with bank transfers but would like to hear from anyone who has used them in the past. We would be going to Lembeh and probably Bunaken Cha Cha. Thanks

I've used Reef & Rainforest several times to Australasia & had excellent results. Not sure how prices compare but service is outstanding.

I did my Divemaster course with Dive the World when I first came to Thailand in 2003 and they were excellent throughout. I now tour lead aboard a luxury liveaboard running trips in Thailand, Burma, and Komodo and we receive regular customers from Dive the World. Everything always runs smoothly, and customers seem to know exactly what to expect when they arrive.

I can recommend them as honest and trustworthy.....apart from Diego, who is Italian and cannot be trusted (Diego, this is what we English call humour). Enjoy the trip to Sulawesi, I'll be there in September. Can not wait!!

What about save- money- diving.

Anybody used them??
There prices are v.good

Anybody used them??
There prices are v.good

No personal experience, but I have seen negative comments posted about working with them ... don't remember if it was this Board or elsewhere. And there's always the chance that there's more positive feedback posted about them elsewhere, so I'm not rendering an opinion.

Cheers Mikkylad. Not sure I should be joining in this thread but yes, we do have a good reputation.

This is mostly because we sell what we know. Unlike other agents (especially those online) we don't just sell anything we can get our hands on. We go to the places we sell and check out as many operators as we can. Then we decide who was good enough to sell in each price bracket and also which diving was good enough to recommend. We also send our guys periodically to keep up-to-date.

So you know with us you are getting genuine informed, impartial advice. Most others, especially bargain bucket jokers dont have a clue what they are selling and are quite happy to send you on a flearidden bucket of a liveaboard (which looks OK in the picture) because they don't care if you book again - it is all about volume. We on the other hand get lots of repeat business because our customers know they can trust our judgment.

Anyway you can read our testimonials on the website. Plenty of happy customers.

Cheers

OnTheSpot,
I'll checkout some of the websites and send your operation some emails. Have not yet decided on liveaboard vs. resort stay. Intend to do Bunaken and Lembeh second half of October. Traveling solo, so that affects price in most places, especially liveaboards.

I have used Dive-the-World once to book a liveaboard trip out of Phuket, and on another occasion made an enquiry which did not result in a booking (change of holiday plans). On both occasions, they were very helpful, responded promptly to e-mails and quoted very competitive rates. The trip I did book was exactly what I wanted and the service I received from DWT was excellent. I would certainly use them again if the occasion arises.

Anybody used them??
There prices are v.good

I've used them to book my Cocos trip. Pleasant experience: cheaper and good service. Was going to use them again for my Minke whale trip since their price is cheaper but Dive The Reef matched their price so eventually, I went with DTR. Another good agent for Australia diving. Very efficient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom