Alabama Blue Water - 8/9/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPG3K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Guys.

Myself and 2 buddies from Atlanta are headed to Pelham on Saturday, the 9th.

We are leaving the ATL area around 8-8:30, so probably 10-10:30 at Pelham.

If anyone is around that area or wants to go, I'd love to meet some local SB'ers.

You'll want to give yourself more than 2 hours....It's about 2 hours from Auburn...I think your looking at more like close to 4 hrs...plan accordingly. Other than that I'll try to make it out there if I can get off work.

Actually, it takes me exactly 3 hours to Blue Water, and that's from at least 20 miles further than Woodstock (I come from the east side of town, up 141, in Suwanee).

Additionally, keep in mind, even if takes 3 hours from Woodstock, Pelham is on Central Time. So, if you leave at 8:00am, you'll get there by 10:00am.

(The kicker is when you leave Blue Water at 4:00pm, you won't be back 'til 8:00pm).

Mapquest says 2:53.

I'm guessing I'll turn that into 2:30 with the way I drive, lol.

I *might* be able to go, depending on finances and work schedule...

It's rare that I turn down an opportunity to go diving, though :D

If it isn't too much trouble, do you think you could PM me when the date gets a bit closer? If you haven't been to ABWA before, I'd be glad to give you the grand tour :)

I might also meet ya'll there. Like Bamamedic, I've got to see what's in my wallet after paying bills. Hope to see you there.

Beck

I might join y'all this weekend. This is the first Saturday in a while that I have free. Let me know final plans a little later in the week.

I think I should be able to make it! I drive a silver-gray Mazda Miata with an "Alabama Paramedic" sticker on the rear bumper. Odds are, it's the only Miata at ABWA ever :D

So, 10-10:30? Just so you know, it's usually reeeallly crowded by then...if you can get there earlier, you might want to, in order to get a decent parking space. Otherwise, be prepared to pack your gear across an entire parking lot :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom