swimming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annie

Contributor
Reaction score
I do a lot of swimming but lately I've been wondering - in terms of being fit for diving, is it better to have stamina over long distances, or improve your speed over short distances. I guess working DMs should go for speed in case they have to jump off a boat and get to someone on the surface, but what do you think for general divers?
Any other thoughts on diving specific exercises welcome.

I'd say stamina as diving isnt suppose to be a "rush round, see what you got to see" sport. Its much more relaxed and enjoyable as it isnt competitive - your not trying to beat people round the wreck to be the first out!!!!!

However, I do believe that it is also important for a diver to be fit enough to react to an emergency situation and be able to be quick if the situation requires it - and I dont think that should just be DM's or Instructors - I think it goes for all divers!

couldn;t agree more. Having the stamina greatly improves air-consumption, but you have to have the ability to react to and handle any situation that might arise....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom