QUERY: Best Dive Resorts for Families?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmb.amdg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

Just a quick background: I am a father of 7 and I am a relatively new diver, certified last December 2007. My wife, two elder sons (20, 15), daughter (13) and I were certified at the same time - just before Christmas last year. I have four younger kids - aged between infant to 8 years old. Yup... been busy!

We really enjoy diving as a family. Since being certified, we have been able to dive in Anilao, El Nido, Palawan and Duka Bay in Misamis Oriental.

We are looking for dive resorts in the Philippines that are "family friendly" as well as reasonably priced (considering our number!:wink:). I guess, by "family friendly" - I am referring to a resort that has facilities/ammenities that also cater to smaller children of varying ages. These resorts, typcially also have a fair number of non-diver clientele, families with small kids.

In particular, we are planning a 3 to 5 day vacation this coming December after Christmas, possibly in the Visayas area. At this point, we are looking at Bohol, Southern Cebu, Dumaguete area.

Anyone out there has some thoughts and recommendations, we will sincerely appreciate.

Salamat po.

Lenard

Can't remember having been to any resort which has all of your requirements (either you have a reasonably priced dive resort with the barest of amenities or Cebu Shang where everyone has something to do but diving costs an arm and a leg).

I think the best thing you can do is to find a reasonably priced resort where the kids can have fun and then check out the nearest dive shop.

If you are thinking about Bohol, pick any resort along Alona Beach and then you can walk to the dive shop of your choice.

Last time I was there, I bunked with a bunch of non-diver friends at Alona Tropical and then did some diving with Baywatch Divers.

You might wanna consider Mactan since there's a wide selection of resorts to choose from. There's Shangri-La, Hilton, Plantation Bay (4stars) to the roach-infested (Hadsan). Keep in mind that diving around Mactan is mediocre compared to Malapascua, Bohol or S. Leyte. Hope this helps.

I recommend Amorita Resort or Alona Tropical in Alona Beach, Panglao Bohol. I like Bohol over Cebu or Boracay... Bohol is like Boracay sans crowds and very loud music. Diving is also very easy but nice. Saw 8 turtles in 2 dives last month.

Don't have their contact infos though.... Google them na lang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom