New Venture wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
What exactly is the difference between 30# vs new 45# lift Venture wings?
I ordered one and assume I will be getting the new venture wing. just a bit worried about it being too much for tropical water. Also, how much do the wings weigh? (for travel purposes..)

btw, I ordered this more than a month ago and still waiting :shakehead:..I understand living on a tropical island it can take a bit longer but still, in this day and age it should be a lot shorter...and its not a distant tiny island either! it's Guam, part of the USA!
sorry for ranting...

The only difference is the side panel; on the 30 lb Venture the front and back panels were sewn together. A 1.5-inch side panel was added between the front and back that allows the internal bladder to expand to 40 lbs.

Dive Rite does not sell to individuals and therefore can not control the delivery speed; what shop did you order it from?

regards,

Jerry

thanks jerry,

is it 40lbs or 45lbs?? on the site it says 45..

I understand about DR not selling to individuals. I ordered my setup from an authorized DR dealer (I don't want to give a name) and they did tell me it would take around 3 weeks but can't say definite. I have no complaints about the shop or the staff, who have been very friendly and helpful with my dealings with them (which is why I chose to buy all my equipment from that particular shop) and did indeed warn me about lengthy wait for orders. but in the end, I still think that it is unacceptable to wait about a month for items.
It also made me realize that if I need parts or extras (like an STA etc) in the future and the store doesn't have it in stock, I will be forced to wait again. It seems I'm better off ordering online than going through an authorized store..
maybe its not anyone's fault, and i dont want to point fingers but in the end, I dont think it is a good business situation when you consider how customers are effected.

You are correct; it is 45. I got in a hurry. As for the delays, without knowing the shop, I can not give an explanation. We have them ready to ship now and have not been out of stock.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom