Housing for Nikon D40x?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brokenbones

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at getting a housing for my Nikon D40x. I will initially
start with the Nikon DX 18-55 AF-S lens but will add a 12-24 AF wideangle later.

For a complete system (housing, port, ...), what would I need to order
from your dealer?

thanks.

The Nikon D-40 housing is #6804.1 which includes handle assembly but not lens port:
Underwater Housing for Nikon D-40, D-40x
Both the 18-55mm lens and the Nikon 12-24mm lens can be used in our #5503.50 standard 6" dome port.

Alternatively, the 8" dome port (part of our "modular" port system) will provide slightly sharper definition around the edges of your photos, especially with the 12-24 mm lens. For this you would need the #5510.45 dome assembly plus the #5510.16 port body for your 18-55mm lens AND the #5510.22 port body for the 12-24mm lens. See the modular port system here:
MODULAR PORT SYSTEM

The SubStrobe DS-160 is a great strobe for both wide-angle and macro photography. Strobe package #3944.90 includes strobe, arm, charger, and sync cord to attach to your system:
IKELITE Substrobe DS-160 digital

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom