buying online and credit cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is not intended to flame anyone. I am hoping to inform other people who may have had the same experience as me as to why it happened.

I ordered a new mask from Leisure pro yesterday and my credit card was rejected. Leisure pro said they do not accept "that credit card" It was a First card from first USA bank. I have fantastic credit. My wife works inteh banking industry and explained to me why this happened.

One thing that has been hurting online retailers really bad is people who have ordered something, payed by credit card, received the merchandise and told the credit card co they didn't. The credit card co then charges back the company for the merchandise and the online company loses. Some credit card companies are faster to do this without investigating than others. Hey the customer is always right.... right(?). First card is one of those companies. My wife told me many online retailers are now refusing First card for this reason. Leisure Pro did. I will continue to shop with them as I have more than one credit card.

The only people I blame for this are the jerks who are always looking for something for free.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom