Greetings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Docc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been diving in my pool for a few years but an upcoming trip to Jamaica forced me to become a bit more serious. Started a class and got hooked. I got my OW certification over the weekend. I'm looking forward to eventually meeting and diving with some of you Alabama folks.

Hi!

Nice to meet you...welcome to Deep Dixie Divers :D

If you ever want to meet up at ABWA and go diving, just PM me. I work nights, so I'm free most any day, and I hardly ever turn down an opportunity to go diving!

Rita

Thanks Rita. I own my company so I can take a day off when I want to. From what I've seen the weekdays are pretty calm at AWBA (unlike the weekends!)and would be perfect for diving. I'm a newbie but anxious to learn and better my skills. When I get back from Jamaica, I'll PM you and see if we can do a dive or too.

Awesome! Looking forward to it....

Weekdays are so nice at ABWA...sometimes, I wind up with the entire quarry to myself :D

Hope your Jamaica trip goes well!

looks like we should start the "Skip Work and Dive" threads again

RV:
looks like we should start the "Skip Work and Dive" threads again

...or in my case, "Work, Dive, then Work some more" :D

WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE GROUP! Check out the trips and marketplace for upcoming dive events! Our biggest one is VORTOBERFEST in October. It's good diving for all skill levels and interests! Plus we have alot of fun hanging out! Maybe I will see you underwater soon!

Carolyn:sharks:

I've been diving in my pool for a few years but an upcoming trip to Jamaica forced me to become a bit more serious. Started a class and got hooked. I got my OW certification over the weekend. I'm looking forward to eventually meeting and diving with some of you Alabama folks.

Ok.... you new folks from Alabama can't just come posting in here this close to the start of football season without letting us know "what side you're on!" :rofl3:

oh... btw....

WAR EAGLE! and welcome to scubaboard!

Ok.... you new folks from Alabama can't just come posting in here this close to the start of football season without letting us know "what side you're on!" :rofl3:

oh... btw....

WAR EAGLE! and welcome to scubaboard!

I graduated from Auburn long, long ago. I have one daughter already graduated from Alabama, one son at Auburn now, one son who would be at Auburn now were it not for a bad car wreck, and my youngest daughter plans to attend Alabama in two years. My grandaughter says that Auburn sux and I married a woman who went to Alabama, very happily divorced her when she left me and the kids, so to answer your question....I pull for all SEC teams against any non-SEC teams and I pull for Auburn when they play Alabama.

Now the first thing they taught me in OW was "don't hold your breath, breath continuously". The first thing they should have taught was that diving is very, very addictive. So if you'll excuse me, I've got a 6:05 flight out in the morning to Negril, Jamaica to dive and lay on the beach for a week. I know Negril diving is tame for all you professional divers, but I've only dove in the deep end of my pool and at AWBA so I'm expecting that it will impress me tremendously to be in the ocean amongst the fishies and other critters. Until I gain some more experience, I need tame diving. I bought one of those fancy waterproof case things for my camera so I'll attempt to take pictures.

And Mr. Pepaw thanks for the warning to "beware the women",but I ain't scared....not even of Miss Denise the good girl. I kinda like women. Thanks for the welcomes, I'm hooked on this diving thing so ya'll will see me around. :)

Back
Top Bottom