Jetstream Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v--Locke--v

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can any second stage attach ot the rg4500's 1st stage? Or does it need to be another Jetstream? I assume there are no problems and I can take my rg2500 and place it on the rg4500 1st stage.

thanks,
Jeff

Yes any second stage can be installed on the Jetstream first stage. The IP of the first stage is 125; unlike the older Poseidons that ran at 180.

Jerry

thanks!!!

another question... I have a nice 7' miflex hose. Is there anyway to use this with the Jetstream? Is there a an adapter to hook into the properietary end of the 2nd stage?

If you purchase the latest Jetstream, the over pressurization valve is in the first stage instead of in the hose at the second stage fitting; this is what made the hoses so expensive. Now you can use any standard US LP hose. Only on the Dive Rite models.

Jerry

If you purchase the latest Jetstream, the over pressurization valve is in the first stage instead of in the hose at the second stage fitting; this is what made the hoses so expensive. Now you can use any standard US LP hose. Only on the Dive Rite models.

Jerry

I have a Cyklon 5000 that I have attached a SP 7' hose. Works/ fits perfectly. Cost 1/2 of the Poseidon original hose' maybe even less.

It's actually only the fitting to the second stage (Jet) that differ. they made it as one part to hold the valve with the second stage hose. Meaning: Hose and second stage are one part that can be bought separately if longer hose is desired. I don't like this idea but love my Cyklon. If something happens with Poseidon second stage you cannot combine with another brand. Well only if taking the reg with hose and replacing completely. Also to consider different first stage IP. In the short run and to save a dive session its OK.

Any way I will check what is different DR to Poseidon. Maybe I'll be surprised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom