Atom 2.0 or 1.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have tried to run a search for the info that i seek but have had no luck. So here's my post......

Looking to get a hoseless computer. Really like the Atom,but does the 2.0 have many more user friendly features than the 1.0. Other than buddy check and tank psi on the main screen. For I can get a 1.0 for dirt cheap. Just wondering if any one has one or both and their input on them. Currently using a Pro Plus 2.

Also can the strap be replaced with a different/aftermarket one?

Thanks,
opie

You got it right, the Atom 1 does not have the tanks psi, which is extremely annoying when diving! Especially if you check your gauges frequently at all. It is not listed, but since you are naming Oceanic comps, check out the VT3. It is much larger and easier to read. When I was getting the software updated on mine I borrowed an Atom 1 and could not wait to get my VT3 back! It is much easier to quickly see all information you need.

If you want something for more of a watch, buy one for $25 somewhere and still use the VT3 as your dive computer.

I have considered the VT3. I had a Versa Pro(my daughter uses it now) and liked it alot. I do like how the VT3 shows more info on the main screen as well

Really like the Atom,but does the 2.0 have many more user friendly features than the 1.0. Other than buddy check and tank psi on the main screen.

That's pretty much the difference. Great choice btw for a hoseless dive computer. Get your hands on the Atom or the VT3 and you can't go wrong. Superior products Oceanic has!

LeisurePro had the Atom 1.0 complete for $449 aweek ago I'd check to see if it is still available.

Yes, you can change the band. I use a Waterborne strap on my Atom 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom