Online authorized Suunto retailers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Are there any online authorized Suunto retailers? I havent found any. Just curious if there are some out there. I know Leisure Pro isn't and I'm very skeptical of purchasing my new Vyper2 from them since Suunto will not warranty it. I guess I will have to purchase from my LDS.

There aren't any. Suunto is Aqualung and they require you purchase everything over the counter.

Yeah I figured.. just like Scuba Pro.. Had to buy my regs from my LDS and pay full retail. Oh well...

I don't think this is the case. If you go to the Suunto website they list Online Retailers there. One example of an authorized online retailer is suuntowatches. I got the link from the Suunto site.

I don't think this is the case. If you go to the Suunto website they list Online Retailers there. One example of an authorized online retailer is suuntowatches. I got the link from the Suunto site.

To the best of my knowledge, it actually is the case. Suunto does not allow the online sales of their dive computers inside the US. I know that you can buy them online in other countries, but not the US. Regular watches and other non-diving gear is not subject to this restriction.

I stand corrected. Just checked and couldn't find anything outside the EU.

Just so you know, Suunto has several divisions, each has it's own policies and markets.
For example, I can buy, sell, and service dive computers and their accessories. I can not buy, sell or service Suunto aviation or sporting good products.

Don't feel bad it is not common knowledge.

What about scubastore.com?

It looks like it technically operates out of Spain, but they say they offer the full manufacturer's warranty, and shipping is cheap to the US.

Suunto warranties on gear sold in the EU are not applicable in the U.S. as I don't believe scubastore.com is an authorized U.S. retailer.

We are committed to protecting our brand image. We take great pride in our products and in the enjoyment our customers receive using our products. To support these ideals we sell only through a network of authorized distributors, independent specialty stores and retail partners. These are the organizations that provide the infrastructure so you can enjoy diving -- training, air fills, travel and equipment service. They employ professionals who receive up-to-date training on our products so they can instruct you in their safe and proper use as well as proper care and maintenance. Buying from an unauthorized source can put you and those who make the dive business possible, at risk.

Purchasing equipment from an Authorized Aqua Lung dealer assures you of receiving the highest quality equipment and customer service available in the industry today! The benefits to you are:

· 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

· Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Regulators and Buoyancy Compensators

· “Free Parts for Life” on all Aqua Lung and Apeks regulators

· 5 Year Limited Warranty on Suunto dive computers
· 2 Year “Free Battery Replacement” with Suunto computers

· Professional assistance in determining the right equipment for your needs

· Professional setup and instruction in the use of your Aqua Lung purchases

· Service and repair by Aqua Lung trained technicians

diversteve: Can you clarify?

I am an American, and I typically use my US address for official matters. However, I currently live and work in Thailand (10 mo/yr). Furthermore, like most folks, I assume, I plan on diving worldwide.

I infer from your post that the Suunto warranty only applies where it is bought. That doesn't seem appropriate, but I suppose it could be the case.

Where do I need to buy my next computer so the warranty is valid worldwide?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom