• Console style

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Wrist Mount

Votes: 157 74.4%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Ok, still doing some research on dive computers. This board has so far been a great source of information and a wealth of knowledge. Now I'm wondering what people tend to prefer as far as having their dive computers on a console like the Suunto cobra or a wrist mount like the Suunto Vyper.

I do have a retractor with an AI. computer on outside of BC / have a redundant computer in BC pocket. Maybe you should have had "other" as a choice.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :eek:

I'm going to call this poll before it even gets too far...

the wrist mount wins!!!!

by a landslide!!!

I believe that you will find a wrist mount easier to deal with and much more convenient.

You need not look beyond your wrists for everything you could want except remaining gas. And soon enough you'll be able to estimate that with enough accuracy that you won't need to look all that often.

I had a console mount for a few years. I wrist mounted my computer. Then I found out about wrist mounting all gauges ( other than SPG ) on one “wrist console”. I felt like Starbuck from Battlestar Galaxia, but every think I needed was right in front of me. Some day I will get a HUD, but until then…. Wrist mount!

Wrist Mount !!!

Just like My Uwatec Air Z Nitrox !....It Rox !:band:

My buddy likes his console and is afraid that he'll smash his computer on a rock when reaching for a lobster.

Except that I'm behind him and can see his console CONSTANTLY dragging over rocks.

At this point, the only drawback I can see is if a pin comes out, but I switched to a Waterborne 1" strap which means I have to lose both pins AND the boot.

Original post is comparing Cobra to Vyper- Cobra can only be console mounted because it is AI. Vypers can be wrist or console. You could always get the Vyper as a console mount with the SPG and try it. If you think wrist mount is better it only costs an additional $20 for the wrist mount and it takes all of 5 minutes to change it yourself. Remeber that with any type of AI wrist mount you will need the additional and expensive wireless transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom