Professional Liability Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH20diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Washington State - somewhere near Vancouver
Ok it's getting near the time ( June ) when I'll need to renew my liability insurance. Before I write out that check I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with someone other than Vicencia & Buckley. I know there has to be other liability insurance providers out there for Instructors, A.I.'s and DM's, and hoped to get some additional information before I renew again. Any suggestions or adivise would be appreciated.

there was the price increase by V&B which resulted in a couple of threads about insurance carriers. I think several people switched to the company that is used by TDI. A search on this site might give you some comany names.

I switched to Marsh but I was only able to do that because I am also an IANTD instructor. I don't know if Marsh works with any other agencies or not. The only other company that I know of is Gale Smith.

I assume that by being with V&B you're PADI. A lot will depend if you are an instructor with another agency. Most of the companies seem to be agency connected. You may want to consider doing a crossover and being an instructor with multiple agencies.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I switched to Marsh but I was only able to do that because I am also an IANTD instructor. I don't know if Marsh works with any other agencies or not. The only other company that I know of is Gale Smith.

I switched to Marsh Canada last year too. I am, a PADI instructor. The only requirement was to become a member (instructor) of SDI.

How much does that PADI DM insurance cost you every year?

Back
Top Bottom