The Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjthomas84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am trying to put together a trip for some friends. I want to go diving in the Red Sea as well as visit the ancient parts of Egypt and see the pyrmids ect. If anyone has ever been and can point me to some good deals on staying and touring there please let me know!! Thanks!

I have limited experience base but if you want a day dive op, Camel out of Sharm looked to be the best of the lot. Red Sea College of Diving was in the same league. Some of our mates stay at the Camel Dive's Hotel quite often.

I have some limited images on my S/B Album linked in my profile.

We did the VIP One liveaboard, and if you really want to do 4 and 5 a day, that is the only way to go. The most spectacular wreck was the Thistlegorm, and any other way to get there would really limit your diving on this relatively shallow and historic treasure. http://www.ssthistlegorm.com/

I also enjoyed Shark Observatory and the Straits of Tiran. I did not get my picture on the Yolanda- when you see it, you'll get my little joke- it's littered with porcelain toilet bowls.

To go all that way without taking a few days to get your picture on a camel in front of the pyramid- that would be a loss!

Do not make eye contact with people who call out and ask, "Where are you from?":rofl3:

Our LDS, JnD Scuba in Palm Bay, FL is going to go to the Red Sea in 2010, I can't wait. There is a ton of information about the Red Sea (dive sites, liveaboards, resorts, and such) if you just do a google search. The sea life looks really interesting and very different from Florida so I'm excited about it. Good luck!

I just took 10 American friends on a northern liveaboard safari from Hurghada and they all loved it, particularly the Thistlegorm, the Abu Nuhas wrecks, the Rosalie Moller and the wall at Ras Mohammed. Got a hammerhead cruise by on a couple of dives, and even a large manta on the bow of the Moller.

A liveaboard is definitely the way to go to see the best the Red Sea has to offer, especially if you are travelling all the way from the States.

If you want a good introduction to the Red Sea, a northern route gives you world-class wrecks, some nice reefs and a great wall at Ras Mo.

If you want pumping currents, awesome walls, a better chance of pelagics and a couple of excellent wrecks, then a Simply the Best itinerary to the Brothers, Daedalous and Elphinstone is the way to go.

I'm out again in October and November, trips number 35 and 36! I love it!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom