Ports questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there

I am in the process of buying a new Ikelite housing for a DSLR and I have a few old ports from my 35mm Ikelite system that are in near perfect condition.

Are the current housings fully compatible with ports that fitted a housing for an EOS 1000fn (showing my age here!)?

Is it OK to use a longer flat port for a shorter macro lens? Eg, Can a port for a Canon EF 100 2.8 Macro be used with the shorter Canon EF-S 60mm Macro? Due to the narrow field of view of these lenses I would imagine that the barrel of the port would not be visible!

Lastly, will I have to order front port "O" rings with the camera housing body or are they supplied automatically.

Ports used with our older film housings are compatible with our current model dslr housings.The port opening has remained the same over the years.The ports locks are now low-profile but are still compatible with older ports.

It is ok to use a longer flat port for a shorter macro lens but you may vignette a bit.

Body and port o-rings can be ordered separately. Spares are not shipped automatically.

Regards,
Rhonda
Ikelite - Customer Service

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom