Need divers for Gulfstream Eagle West End Trip 8/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipmon

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been booked on this trip for months. I went to Cay Sal with these guys last year and it was fantastic. The boat is no luxury liner, but they dive you like crazy and the food is great. Right now I understand we are 4 divers short of the minimum to get the boat to go. I'm really hoping that somehow they can fill the spots. We board the boat Aug 30th at the Riviera Beach Marina and cross to the Bahamas early the next morning. As soon as we clear customs in West End, the diving begins. Usually 4 dives in the daylight and a night dive. The boat returns to Riviera Beach Marina on September 4th after a morning dive. If you are interested contact the Gulfstrem Eagle at gseagle.com or call The Scuba Club in West Palm Beac at 561-844-2466 the cost of the trip is $1700.00 that includes departure tax and fuel surcharge. All meals are included and non-alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring any alcohol along you want, but once you drink in a day, you're done diving for that day. Pleeeeeease think about it, you wan't be sorry!

Sorry, I might beg the differ.....Its been two years and I'm still waiting on a refund.

I guess you dont want to elaborate on that, you're the first negative comment I've seen on the Eagle.

I've now been promised my refund....we'll see what happens.

I've now been promised my refund....we'll see what happens.

Got my refund yesterday and all is well with the Gulf Stream Eagle. I'll be signing up next year;>)

Glad to hear you got your refund Will! I got good news too, the boat is going even though they only have 9 of the 18 spots filled for this trip. I guess people are hesitant to book this late in summer due to storms, but hey, we all get our own private cabins and plenty of elbow room on the dive deck! I can't wait!!!

It was great, but short. That bitch Hanna was a catagory 1 hurricane and projected to go right over West End, so we cut the trip short by 3 days. The diving we did was good, but the seas were 3-4 or bigger the entire time and the vis was not very good. Mount Olympus had the best vis and it was about 60'. The shallower dives were 30'. The storm also caused current where there usually was none, making for some challenging diving. The Eagle extended a partial credit to everyone aboard for next year. The crew did all they could to make the 3 days we were out as good as possible. We got in 15 dives in the 3 days.

Sorry to hear about your trip cutting short...With 3-4 or bigger seas I'll bet that boat would just about flip you off the deck. I hope everything works out and also hope you get your refund.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom