Need help choosing location!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi all! I am a newcomer to the board and would appreciate your help choosing a first diving location in the Caribbean (this would be my first diving trip overall). I plan to use an RCI time-share exchange so it cannot be a remote place. I know this is an open ended question, but any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Grand Cayman offers several time share resorts which you may be able to trade into. There is superb boat and shore diving all around the island, with the healthiest coral on East End.

Welcome to the board Silvia.

If I remember correctly, RCI has 2 locations on Bonaire ..Lions Dive and Divi. Both are nice resorts and the diving on Bonaire is great. The diving, food and people of Bonaire are wonderful. A much better choice than the Bahammas. check out www.infobonaire.com and www.bonairetalk.com

I know there are some time shares behind the Weston Resort on St. John..but thats about all i know about them.

St. thomas has some nice diving with the Chris Sawyer bunch...very professional and not crowded...at least not when i was there....

St. John has some great and almost deserted beaches....90% of the island is an undeveloped national park...so you can have lots of privacy if you get the early enough....and car rental is easy as is the driving....you wouldnt get me near a car on St. Thoma;s...

I've traded for: Marathon Key,
Grand Cayman
Cayman Brac
Bonaire
St. Croix
and most recently Turks & Caicos, which was excellent. Now what did you mean by exotic? :D :D

Caymaniac

I think you're going to find it very difficult to trade for time on Grand Cayman thru RCI. I posted two weeks in September as a trade there at Indies Suites (a first-class operation) and am having a great deal of difficulty finding places to go to. I have found a week on Curacao for this fall but it was very tough. Good luck!

Hi,

I have so far been to

Bonaire
Barbados
Tobago
Curacao
St Lucia
Grenada
and Turks & Caicos

Purely on the diving I agree with Caymaniac T&C is terrific, even saw a 30ft whale shark. Check in with Fifi Kunz at Caicos Adventures its a great operation www.caicosadventures.com well worth that little bit extra to dive west caicos and french cay every day and a terrfic boat. There are pictures of that very whale shark on his site. The island is not bad either if a little quiet in the evenings.

Good luck with you TS trade.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom