Suunto Vyper Nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaint

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone please explain to me what the OLF graph is indicating when the lowest bar blinks?? I can not find it anywhere.

It supposed to be the OLF by 10% increments. I pretty much just ignore it. 5 dives a day, 1 hour each dive, starting at 100 and usually ending the day around 65 feet and never come close to being in the red.

Did you look at the manual, I'm pretty sure it talks about it in there somewhere.

Is that 5 dives a day in Alaska? Man, I dive here all the time (seeing as I live here) and I don't do more than 3 (usually just 2, or 1)

Is that 5 dives a day in Alaska? Man, I dive here all the time (seeing as I live here) and I don't do more than 3 (usually just 2, or 1)

Good God, No! This profile is strictly warm water liveaboard diving. 1 dive in Alaska is usually enough to have me shivering for the rest of the day--I'm a woman with hypersensitivity to the cold. :D

From Suunto.com

Suunto Diving World - User Guides

The Oxygen Limit Fraction (OLF) is a combination
of two methods tracking the oxygen toxicity: the
Central Nervous System Toxicity (CNS) and Oxygen
Tolerance Unit (OTU). Both fractions are scaled so
that the maximum exposure is expressed as 100%.
Each of the 11 segments represents 10%. The fraction
closest to the maximum limit is displayed. When
OTU% reaches the CNS% limit the lowest segment
starts to blink (Fig. 3.25)
. The OLF is calculated
based on the factors listed in chapter 6.1. “Operating
Principles”.

Back
Top Bottom