Suntoo Sampling Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99heritage

Reaction score
The default sapling is 20 seconds. Does anyone use 10 seconds, and how much time/memory do up you loose?

I run in 10 sec mode, I forget how much more memory (exactly) it uses, but I'd say that you could halve the amount of time stored by the 20 sec setting and come close to the number. Another note, I'm pretty sure (90% or so without digging out the owner's manual to verify) that the 10/20 sampling rate is used for logging purposes only and does not affect the calculations of the computer as they are done in real-time - if this is indeed the case, there isn't much use in lowering the sampling rate unless you are looking for better resolution in your profile after it is downloaded to your desktop/laptop.

Like Chrispete said... it'll cut the available logged time in half. Default for the Vyper is 36 hours of bottom time at the 20 second rate, so you'd still be able to store 18 hours at 10 seconds.

That should be enough for most dive vacations unless it's something like a 2-week liveaboard where the only thing to do is eat, sleep, and dive.
I think I logged 8 hours in 4 days in Cozumel.

I have a mosquito, which is fixed at 20 seconds. I really wish I could change it to 10. Twenty is fine except for ascents (IMHO), I'd really prefer 10.

In My Humble Opinion

99heritage once bubbled...
That was driving me crazy.... I would have never figured that one out :doctor:
:D
Couple other common ones that had me going for a while:
YGM = You've Got Mail (I just emailed or PM'd you)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom