Dual SubStrobes with Ikelite dSLR Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foley

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to buy an Ikelite Housing, ports, substrobes etc. for my canon EOS 40D.

I want 2 Substrobes D-160 but I'm new to this and not sure about TTL vs EV manual controller. What should I pick? Is TTL "good" enough or will I get better pictures using EV manual controller?

If I buy 2 packages of D-160 substrobes then I suppose I can attach both substrobes to the housing in one system, but can one EV manual controller and/or one TTL controller operate both strobes?

Regards
Foley

Thank you for your interest in Ikelite products. We suggest you purchase the 2 DS160 Substrobes along with our dual sync cord (#4103.52), not the EV Controller. Built-in conversion circuitry for true Canon eTTL puts perfect exposure at your fingertips. The TTL mode provides four half f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine-tune exposure. Eight manual power settings in half-stop increments allow for complete creative control. Since we do not have a dual strobe package, you can either order 2 DS160 Substrobe Packages (#3944.90 - this will come with 2 single cords) and the dual sync cord (#4103.52) or order the items individually (2-#4060 DS160, 2-#4086.61 Arms, 1-#4066.1 Smart Charger and 1-#4103.52).

Our housing comes standard with 2 hand grips to mount the strobes and one bulkhead for the cord. It is not necessary to use the EV controller since the strobes have 10-power settings.You have more flexibility when using our dual sync cord than the EV Controller on your secondary strobe.

Regards,
Rhonda
Ikelite - Customer Service

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom