Trashing my AERIS 300G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
I have a dilema. I'm thinking about selling my Aeris 300G and comp software, so I can get the Suunto wrist mounted Vyper. Can anyone compare the 2? Is the Sunnto a much more superior computer to the Aeris? Does it pay to keep the Aeris/SPG and use it as a back up? Help I'm confused and not sure which route to take. Help me...... PLEASE......:confused:

Just what is it that you don't like about your Aeris, because there is nothing wrong with it and nothing magic about Suunto computers. In fact you might find the Suunto to be irritating because it is more conservative than the Aeris.

If it is the console that is bugging you, the pop everything out of it and buy a wrist mount for the computer module.

That's the problem. The SPG is attached to the computer. It's all one piece. I'm leaning towards a wrist mounted computer. It's not tht I don't like the Aeris. I guess it was a poor choice of words. LOL

The reason i switched to a suunto was i could not convert my console to a wrist mount at the time.So after doing some research i found the suunto to be the most reliable and best computer for me in a wrist mount.

Check out the features of the suunto compared to yours and see which one you like the best.If you just want a wrist mount and can convert yours over go for it before buying a new computer.

And most important of all remember what Uncle Pug says,"computers rot your brain":D

Yeah I read that somewhere about them rottin ya brain. LOL

taat2d once bubbled...
That's the problem. The SPG is attached to the computer. It's all one piece. I'm leaning towards a wrist mounted computer. It's not tht I don't like the Aeris. I guess it was a poor choice of words. LOL

I like my wrist mount computer much better than a console mount.:D

I have the 300G and a buddy of mine has the Suunto Vyper. You could not give me his computer. So damn conservative it is absolutely annoying.

How much more conservative is the Suunto as opposed to the Aeris 300g?

Just a guesstimate, but I would say 20%. I always get more time than my buddy, by quite alot.

My vytec has a personal adjusment setting that can make it even more conservative for existing conditions like stress, obesity, fatigue, etc and a setting that enables you to make it less conservative called RGB100 or RGB50.The RGB50 makes it less consrvative.I keep mine set on RGB50 and my personal adjustment on P0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom