Suunto Vytec vs. Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
What are the differences between these 2 computers? Is it noyl that you can use a hoseless transmitter for the Vytec? I'm looking into the 2 of them and would like to hear the pros/cons of each compared to each other. I definitely don't want the hoseless transmitter for AI, if this helps in a deciding factor of the 2.
Thanx
Joey

I gotta look into that. I like to sit around rotting. It's my favorite pasttime...

then the differences are, basically;

1. The Vytec has an "attenuated" RGBM choice (RGBM50) which is less conservative. The Vyper does not.

2. The Vytec can handle three gasses during a dive (e.g. 100% O2 for deco); the Vyper cannot.

There is argument over whether or not the multiple gas option is worthwhile, as there are some planning issues in using it (how do you determine your deco obligation WHILE ON THE BACKGAS, if you're going to do some of it on the deco gas), which makes it less useful than it would otherwise be.

My personal view is that you buy the Vytec if you want the wireless transmitter, otherwise you buy the Vyper.

Well actually I'm not doing any deco diving any time soon. I guess my best bet is to go with the Vyper. Save some money. By he time I get into deco I'm sure they'll be some other new computer toy costing a $h*t load more money I can buy.

taat2d once bubbled...
Well actually I'm not doing any deco diving any time soon. I guess my best bet is to go with the Vyper. Save some money. By he time I get into deco I'm sure they'll be some other new computer toy costing a $h*t load more money I can buy.

Also notice that the Vyper doesnt have the RGB50 setting to make it less conservative according to genesis post.Check the price difference between the two.If there isnt much difference go with the vytec so you have the hoseless AI option available later and can program it less coservative if need be.

Thanx for pointing that out lal. I have to look into that.

I read somewhere on another post that comapring the Vyper to other comps, NDL limits isn't that much of a difference. In fact I read that the difference is close to 1 minute. Is this true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom