The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnk120184

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone computer literate with the Mares PC Interface? For instance; I have the Mares M1, is there a way to down load only the most recent dive? If you down load all dives kept on the dive computer you loose all the misc information (dive buddies, vis, activity, remarks, ect.) you've logged on previous dives on your PC. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks.

Have you got the latest version of the IRIS program? There is a dowload page available to get the latest version if you haven't.

I don't have a problem with loosing the data currently held on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way of not downloading certain dives.

The help guide states that you can create a different log book and just download the latest dives into it. It states that you cannot have duplicates in the system. This does not work, all dives get downloaded into whichever log book you use.

This is daft as I messed up the settings on my M1 when I first used it and get the date wrong. I can change the date of the dives on the PC logbook but then it just downloads them again next time I do a download from the M1. I also get the test dives they do to verify that the computer works, in all my log books as well.

Basically it sucks.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I think all that can be done is to wait until they fix all the bugs. (Which may take a while)

Rob.

Thanks Rob, I'm experiencing the same problems you describe. Where did you find the update download?

I am having problems with my IRIS interface to download my dives from my Dacor Darwin, I get the following error:

Run-time error '6'
Overflow

I believe it may be on the Darwin computer side, because I have tried this on several different computers.

I am running the latest release of the software at 1.0.3

anyone run into this issue before and have a fix?

Thanks in advance
SCDiver

Rob
Downloaded the update, Thanks. Does your program still show as version 1.0 or 1.3 with the download? Mine still shows up as 1.0 after the download, since I'm about as computer literate as a monkey was just wondering what yours did.

tnk

Checking in the Help/Information dialog my copy says...

Version 1.0.3
DLL Version 104

If yours isn't showing this then maybe it didn't install properly.

You might need to download the 1.0.3 setup files instead of just the patch and then uninstall and reinstall. You'll probably loose the data you've added but you will of course be able to download the dives again.

Let me know how you get on.

HTH
Rob.

If it's doing the same on all computers it's either your copy of the software, the Darwin or the IRIS unit itself.

Have you tried speaking to the shop you got it from?

Sorry I can't be more help.

Rob.

Is this the one that has infrared connection and a plastic screen guard. If it is I have had several divers tell me they had to remove the plastic guard to get it to work.

Hallmac

the problem is it works with my partner's Mares M1 but not my Dacor Darwin. I called Dacor service department, and went through there manuals of technical reference, and decided hey won't you send in you Darwin. They believe the problem is something in it..... Dacor....Problem.... DIVE SEASON IS IN SESSION....LOL.... it isn't that important to download dives at this time..........

:doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom