Dive Report: Wreck Raider Diving Trip 8/9-8/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lahalbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The Hawkins family says a big THANK YOU to Captain Rod and Dive Master Brian for our vacation this past weekend.

They made our weekend dive trip a huge success.

We made a total of 4 dives

2 dives on Saturday:
1 – Hathaway Bridge Span #5
2 – Limestone reef

2 dives on Sunday – which was Captain Rod’s birthday!
3 – Black Bart
4 – Hovercraft

The boat ride was very enjoyable and they really made us feel comfortable as this was our first dive trip as a family that wasn’t a certification dive trip.

They set up our tanks and/or let us set up our tanks, which I know is a biggie with divers. I think on mine it was 50/50 with me setting mine up and them setting it up. They are very thorough when they do set it up and this made me very comfortable as a new diver. Brian would dive down and “anchor” the boat and then let us know a little about what we would see down at the dive. On the Hovercraft he told us about a 400lb goliath grouper that was there, our 15 year old daughter was the only one who saw it. I saw her reaction after she saw it and I think my subconscious mind wouldn’t let me see it because it knew how I would react. Haha She motioned with her hands something big and pointed and I looked but didn’t see it. Of course I didn’t go searching for it either. :wink:

We also were given the option of entering by falling back off the side of the boat or a giant stride off the back side. The guys did the falling back entry and the girls did the giant stride. They also had an open ladder on one side that was fairly easy to get up. On Sunday my son was having trouble getting one of his fins off and he was able to board the boat by climbing up the ladder easily with one fin on.

They did say that for divers that they are not familiar they take them on the first 2 dives to gauge their level of comfort/experience, then judging by that they decide what they are going to do the second day. I guess we did well, we all came up! We got some good video and pictures, once we figured out how to use the camera. :)

We did book the rental house/diving package for the weekend. Arrived Friday around 3pm, dove early Saturday and around 12pm on Sunday. Left Monday before 9am. The house was really nice and was VERY close to the beach. The house sleeps 10 people and it had a nice pool that we enjoyed.

We all look forward to diving with them again in the future.
Wreck Raider
Yellow Snapper House

Disclaimer:Sorry if I didn't use the correct terminology, I'm new at this. :)

Back
Top Bottom