Hathaway Pond Info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobmarley

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am planning on diving Hathaway's Pond next week and I was wondering if anybody has info on the locations of the better sites, i.e. the sunken car etc. I have done a search but can not seem to come up with any specifics beyond a lobster buoy marking the cabin cruiser. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

I'm probably not much help but:

The cabin cruiser is indeed marked by 2 small white buoys.
Close to where you enter the water, if you go diagonally to the right, just a little ways, there are 2 pvc obstacles and a practice platform. Next to the platform is a nice little statue.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the car or tractor yet, though the car is supposed to be near the practice platform...

In case you haven't been, when you pull into the parking lot, there is a small, almost hidden driveway before you get to the main parking/beach area. You can pull up pretty close to the water, though there is a steep drop-off/step to negotiate.

The Cape Dive Locker could probably give you the best information. And if you need a buddy, I'd be up for it depending on my work schedule.

From the main beach...enter the water and follow the little rock wall and you will come to the platform. The tractor is basically directly behind the platform (slightly to the left). Sometimes people play around with lift bags and move the tractor around. The car is off to the right of the platform only a couple of minutes away. Someone out there may have better directions to the car (degree heading from the platform). It is a good site to dive and practice skills, and the fresh water is nice for the equipment.

Enjoy your dives!!!

Back
Top Bottom