Suunto Stinger VS D4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marc_Joshua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How does the tried and tested Stinger stand up against the newer D4? I'm looking at these 2 for my first dive computer and since the price doesn't differ by much, I'm kinda stuck in between them. Would reallly appreciate all the advice and help I can get. :)

Thanks loads guys for the links, will look at them. But in the meantime, i do hope there will be users of either adding comments and views!

you can PM the OP of the above links since they had been through the same process as you.

I have a Stinger and will stick with it.

wrt the Deep Stop Algorithm, I don't believe it makes much difference at all. On the D4 it automatically suggests that you do a deep stop while with the Stinger you must remember for yourself to do it.

I think either will be fine. my wife has the D4 and she is quite happy with it..to my surprise she actually likes to wear it daily recently..its pretty stylish and light. although plastic, it does feel solid.
on the other hand stinger has a lot of followers as I have found out. and it has metal casing which will be better for durability. I was between stinger or D6 when buying and decided to go with the D6. nice style, solid with metal casing and with deep stops which I havent made any use of yet being a newby with OW licence. i figure I will as I advance further a year or so. till then i just dive every weekend to get more experience and soon go for my AOW.
I'm not sure of the price difference between these watches, so i guess that would be a big factor. I bought the D4 and D6 on sale for $480 and $630 respectively so they were a good buy.
good luck making a decision. :)

Back
Top Bottom