Alaska Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opisthobranch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

Just got back a few weeks ago from a trip to SE Alaska on the Nautilus Explorer. We started in Ketchikan and finished in Juneau with stops near Port Alexander and Inian Island among other places. Great trip as always. I love the diving in BC and Alaska.

Photos here:

Alaska 2008

Clinton

Glad you had a great dive experience. We have something very special up here.

I did NE from Juneau to Vacouver last year on a trip organized by a friend out of Santa Barbara. It was truly a great experience and got me into a section of Alaska that I had not yet dived. I am sad to learn that NE is not going to do Alaska after 2009 for a while. Too bad. So, if any of you want to do a great and out of the ordinary liveaboard trip, this is your chance.

Personally, I am hoping to get out to the Aleutians on business in the next year or so. Lots to see and not much time to do it in. Maybe doing a long trip out of Port Hardy next year. Will have to see.

You had Jeff M. on that trip? I feel for you man..:dork2:... (Actually he's sitting about 50' from me right now:D)

So now you know what it's like to dive in my backyard.

We were on the Kathleen a month or so ago. Just 4 of us and the freakin NE showed up with it's 20+ divers. That was something to watch.

Dave

You had Jeff M. on that trip? I feel for you man..:dork2:... (Actually he's sitting about 50' from me right now:D)

So now you know what it's like to dive in my backyard.

We were on the Kathleen a month or so ago. Just 4 of us and the freakin NE showed up with it's 20+ divers. That was something to watch.

Dave

Heh - actually we had both M's on the boat and they were even nice enough to invite us over to their place after the trip for dinner. Reminds me - I ate a lot of salmon and drank a bunch of their IPAs so I'm sure I owe them at this point! :wink:

This was my 3rd trip to Alaska (I think Jeff was on the first one in 2002 also) and my 10th trip on the Nautilus. The reduction in cold water trips is indeed unfortunate. As much as I completely understand the realities of the business it's still like seeing your favorite sports team move to another city. As I understand it there are still cold water trips next year at least which are mostly full and then none in 2010 with the good stuff back on the schedule in 2011. I've had a trip planned or scheduled on the boat pretty much continuously since they put it in the water so waiting until 2011 for another one is definitely a bummer. :shakehead:

Oh well.

Clinton

Back
Top Bottom