News for VR-3 owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
OMS will no longer be dealing with the VR-3 computer - looks like the parent manufacturer is taking over sales and support.

From the OMS website:

Friday, March 21, 2003

John M. Griffiths President
Ocean Management Systems Inc.

To our Dive Retailers and our end user base

I am very sorry to have to send you this news.

OMS and Delta P have agreed that it is in the best interest of the consumer to purchase directly from Delta P.

OMS has been the exclusive distributor of the VR-3 Computer product for a number of years. As most of you are aware any product must be marketed, stocked and supported by the distributor and this costs a tremendous amount of money. This coupled with the recent appreciation of the British Pound has made it unprofitable for OMS to continue distribution of this product.

Therefore by mutual accord Delta P will be offering this product direct to end users, and supporting all repairs, technical support etc.
For further information, please contact Delta P using the details below.

Delta P Technology
PO Box 5088
Poole
Dorset
BH16 6WJ
United Kingdom

Tel: 00 44 (0)1202 624478
Fax: 00 44 (0)1202 625308

E-Mail: deltapmg@aol.com

This merely speeds up the process. All service and support had to go through Delta P in London anyway. Delta P gives prompt, reliable customer service. I love my VR3.

I got my VR3 in Italy, because I didn't know that Delta P sell the VR3 directly. And believe me, if you have to get a new VR3, get it from Delta P store, I pay much more in the dealer... Crazy but true!!!

MechDiver once bubbled...
Maybe someone will be able to actually afford one now.

Thanks roo

MD

From what I have been hearing the price went up considerably..

padiscubapro once bubbled...

From what I have been hearing the price went up considerably..

Last I knew, OMS's price for the OC Trimix was well over $2000 by the time you added the 2 software programs and interface. I was quoted slightly over $1100 for the same thing direct from Delta-P, but they would not sell direct at the time. It's still too expensive IMO for what I need.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

Last I knew, OMS's price for the OC Trimix was well over $2000 by the time you added the 2 software programs and interface. I was quoted slightly over $1100 for the same thing direct from Delta-P, but they would not sell direct at the time. It's still too expensive IMO for what I need.

MD

Thats in British POUNDS!

using todays conversion rate without cell , prices taken from web page
1278 pounds = 2,006.94 USD
without po2 integration
978 = 1,535.83 USD
and this doesn't include shipping.. and don't foget somewhere down the line getting a bill from customs for 4% of value

Back
Top Bottom