Red Sea Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanessar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just finalized my trip for Oct 30, 2008. I will be on the Emperor Majesty, Southern route out of Marsa Ghalib Port. I am most excited about this trip.

Vanessar

I was trying to go for either Simply Magnificent package or South and St Johns in September but having a hard time co-ordinating with my planned flight back due to the land transfers.

Sigh... have a great trip. At this point I'm mainly dreaming about mine although my buddy from Hurghada, Simon TW, phoned me as he was laid up in Miami due to the tropical storm and asked when I was coming out to the Red Sea for a visit. I just have to rob our bank three more times to be able to afford it... IF they don't recognize me first.

I will fly into Hurghada and take a 5 hour car trip to Marsa Ghalib Port.

Vanessar

If the South itinerary covers Elphinstone and Daedelus you will have a ball. Done two safaris with Emperor and standard is very high. Food excellent and guides really nice.

5 hours seems a long time for the transfer to Marsa Galib - should only take about 3 hours.

Have a great ftip.

The route will be the South, Abu to Fendera and the St John's area. I hope this will be a good route.

I appreciate the feedback on Emperor. Also, hope the tranfer South is only 3 hrs.

Is there any thing particular I should pack (something you wish you had packed) based on your Emporer trip?

Also, do you know what will the temps be on average for the first of November (i.e. day, night and water).

Very much appreciate your feeback,

Vanessar

Anything you should pack?
Rechargeable batteries (if you have a camera)
Also get a spare set of batteries to charge while you use the first set.
Check also that your power supply can handle 220V, not the US 115V
Decent coffee (unless you like Nescafe)
A warm jumper for the evenings sat on the deck looking at the stars (It can get windy)

... and for the dive guides ... please, please, please, bring some decent reading material that you dont mind leaving behind.

We are always desperate to find something to read.

Temps?
Day - 35-40degC
Night - 20-25 degC
Water - Never drops below 21degC

Im almost jealous ... but then I leave Egypt in October to go work in the Similans ;-)

But have a great trip

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Vanessar

29 Days Away.

Red Sea Bound and Down!

vanessar

Back
Top Bottom