Norway Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeBurnell

Reaction score
LD said that I could post this so here goes.

A group of divers from my Club Chiltern Divers BSAC 1590 are interested in going to Norway for a week on 28th June to 5th July. We have 8 places left on the boat and are looking for other divers to fill the spaces.

visibility on my last trip was a staggering 30m.

The sites are all wreck sites. These wrecks are remarkably well preserved due to Norwegian policies of no taking of artefacts in Norway and being well sheltered from the North Sea by the fjords.

Most dives were to around 30m but were on wrecks which sat on their sternswith their bows at 10m or less. Some deeper dives were also undertaken to 50m on wrecks which continued toward the bottom of the fjords but again had their bows at 10m.
Oxygen is available on the boat should you wish to dive on Nitrox.

The trip begins and ends in Bergen and is Liveaboard based on the British boat the Jane R.

On my last trip we managed to get approximately 100 miles north of Bergen to the town of Fluro.

The cost, based on a full boat is £500 for the week, including food, drink and diving weights and cylinders supplied.

I can supply website links for Norwegian wrecks and marinelife if interested.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom