Good experience with a Savannah dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I had been shopping and comparing dive computers for a while and had finally decided on the Mares Nemo Wide for a number of reasons...obviously the computer is readily available at plenty of places and so I did some looking around at who could price it cheapest and also provide good support should I have a problem. One of the shops I normally deal with in Savannah, actually Richmond Hill, is Scubamarket USA and this is where I ended up getting the computer....

In the process of looking online and comparing prices to the local shops I noticed that Bob Bunkley and crew at Scubamarket also sells these computers through an Ebay store of the same name and had a "Best Offer" option in addition to the normal retail listed price. On impulse I made an offer I thought was absolutely nuts and it was immediately accepted. This price was lower by not a little....it was way, way lower...I 100% guarantee you will not even see anything close to this price posted on the net or in a shop. Even William Shatner would be shocked at how much lower the purchase price was under the list.....

The only hiccup was that the battery was dead out of the box. I opened the shrink wrap at the store to check it out and we discovered the battery reading was at 5% and it would come on and turn off, tsk tsk Mares. Bob was agitated and immediately on the phone with Mares to inform them of what was going on and he replaced the battery, greased the seal, and tested it out right there and then. Bob is no nonsense and has recently booted a supplier from his shop for shoddy product support....this is the other reason I buy there, I know Bob will look out for me when I make purchases, he won't try to sell me garbage I don't need, and will talk to you all day about diving if you have a plan or a goal and are trying to reach it. So I got a great computer from a company known for excellent customer service from the shop I wanted to buy from because of their atmosphere and service at a price that I still can't believe...I'm still waiting for Bob to call me and say he made a mistake, LOL.

As a matter of full disclosure: I don't work for Bob, I'm not related to him, I am not paid for this, I'm not a dive shop groupie, and don't expect anything as a result. I am a member of the dive club associated with this shop but we do not free stuff, LOL. It's just that once in a while you buy something and it all clicks, the last time this happened to me was when I bought my Vanson racing leather years ago....you just seem to run into so much BS that the good experiences need to be mentioned too.

Scubamarket USA: Savannah Scuba gear NAUI & PADI Scuba Instruction Shop

I have been impressed with Bob and Scubamarket Usa the moment I stepped through their doors. Bob will match and beat any online price and fully is there for the customer. If you have a problem, he fixes it, not make excuses! By far, this LDS is exceptional. You can purchase from their website too. He runs a great business based on customer satisfaction!
Scubamarket USA: Savannah Scuba gear NAUI & PADI Scuba Instruction Shop

Carolyn:sharks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom