Gulf Shores Wreck Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaknightus

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going diving on Friday 15th of August. Anyone have a suggestion for a good wreck or dive site besides the Oriskany (saw the Oriskany last month)?

Navy Tug!

USS Massachusets

Thanks for the advice! I will see ifI can steer the captain that way. I am looking froward to a nice wreck dive and maybe a spot with some flounder on the way in. I sure hope for calmer seas by Friday.

My dive buddy just cancelled on me for tomorrow. I am diving with Deep South Charters out of MBT dive shop tomorrow. Looks like we have an open spot and my buddy has to fork over a $40 fee for the cancelled dive. Sucks to be me but I am going anyway.

I have never done the North Shore. Tell me more about it.

I just got back from diving the Pete Tide II, and YDT-14. The seas were indeed calm and the winds fair ( thanks Tim! ). The first Dive at the Pete Tide was pretty good. The vis was about 30 feet or so with a moderate current near the surface. The highlight of th e dive was a 8ft Bull Shark the I saw cruising just off the wreck's port side. The next dive at the YDT had better vis at about 50 ft. or so with nearly no current. I found a nice leopard crab shell on the bottom. Capt. Dalton and Wally with Due South Custom Charter's were great as usual! Those guys mean it when tthey say "custom". I highly recommend them to anyone! My dive buddy canceled on me so first mate Wally stepped in and buddied up with me for both dives in addition to his normal work load while Capt. Dalton took us where we wanted to go. I had a great day diving!

I never dove in the lake. I was wondering if you had dove it? It is alot closer than the Gulf. Glad you had a great day of diving. Tim

I did not realize you were talking abouo lake Pontchartrain. I have been diving in the lake. After dredging for clam shells for roads and the like was stopped the lake has cleared up enough to spear fish along the train trestles and bridges again. I used to have a home on the lake and spent time diving in the lake before the lake house was washed away by hurricane. I have not been diving in the lake in a few years.

People around here say its crazy to even swim in Lake Pontchartrain. I would like to try it though. I'm not wanting to hijack your thread but could you pm me with what fish you speared and where? Thanks, Tim

Back
Top Bottom