Quick questions on oceanic pro plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tallyho74

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Checking to see if anyone has any type of idea what a used pro plus 2 dive computer set up would be worth? I have a possible line on a used one and trying to see what would be a good price. I won't even say gentle use, this thing is somewhat beat up so I was thinking in the $100-200 range. Let me know if I'm out of whack.

Thanks in advance....Ryan

I don't recall seeing a used PP2 go for less than $300.
eBay prices are usually a good indication for used gear.
$200 seems like the lowest, even for beat-up condition.

I would want at least $350-450 for my recently refurbished PP2.

For a $700 computer that is still a current model.. about 1/2 price is the lowest I would expect to see it. Age and # of dives should be taken into consideration.
If you see one for $100-$200 there is probably something wrong with it .. or the seller. :D

I don't think there is anything wrong with it other then the number of dives. The equipment was purchased around 2002? or so. It has close to 75-100 dives or maybe more. It has not been serviced since 2004 and the case is very beat up with some corriosion noted on the case screws. I had noticed a couple of units in pretty good condition on E-bay the last time I looked for around $300-350 and they appeared to be in much better condition. I know it's a good computer and is still one of the best ones out there. I'm not sure that I would pay $300-400 for this one. I have to see where the price checks out however this gives me an idea!!!

What's your safety worth? That is the real question. Any corrosion and I'd walk away.

Does it have the compass? How about the quick-connect? Has he had it serviced every year?

If so, it was $900 new, and is worth about $500 used.

500 used? I got mine new from Scuabatoys on sale years ago with compass and QD for $550.

For heavily used one I'd pay $250, $300 tops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom