Cressi-Sub S111

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Been considering this BCD, and did a search on it and haven't seen it much mentioned on the board. Anyone with any experience with it, good or bad?

Tried one on Friday, was testing it as I could not make my mind up between a Glide 2000 or the s111. For me, it was a clear winner, the Glide 2000. I always seem to rent ScubaPro and the Glide fitted like a old jacket. The cressi was nice but it took some time for me to get balanced. It is a nice jacket you would be happy with it if you chose it.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try one out hopefully next week. I'll see if I can give the Glide a try to. What was the deciding point for you between the two?

I tried it last week, and loved it, personally i'm changing my Mares Syncho Tech with butterfly wings style of opening to this one. felt so soft on my back, i was putting some stuff away for a student and so on, and suddenly realised that i still had the BCD on my back ;o)

For the dive, was just perfect, really nicely adjustable, pockets open easly underwater (didn't check with gloves) and the rings are well placed.
The weight pockets make the jacket quite well balanced, and i just love it ;o)

did you finally get it ? what do you think of it ? or did you go for the glide2000 in the end ?

cheers
Olivier

I have been using one for almost a hundred dives now. I think it is very comfortable both on the surface and underwater. It is very well made and can take quite a bit of abuse. However I can't tell you how it is compared to other BC's since I have not used other BCs recently. At least I don't think you would be disappointed with it.

Hey Oliver,

Yes, I ended up buying the Cressi-Sub S111, and have been very pleased with it. I've found it to be very comfortable, as you say. The front pockets are very accessible, and it does feel very well balanced in the water. I still carry a small amount of weight on my belt in addition to the weight pockets. I can still access the pockets fairly easily, even with gloves on. Overall, I'm quite happy with my choice.

Which essentially is the S-111 with the "Flight Control System". I like the BC a great deal. Nice fine-control of bouyancy, big pockets, weight-integrated...

It IS a little bulky and HEAVY with the weights in, though.

Hey Mercutio,

I guess you're right, it is a little bulky, but all the "wing" or back inflating systems are quite bulky, so it's just a matter of choice.

For the weights issue, i guess any BCD with a few weights in are heavy ;o) add 4 kg's to the S111 you'll have the same thing as adding 4Kg to the Glide or so no ? ;o)

Anyhow, i still feel that buying a BCD is a matter of taste, and as for many things, on man's meat is another man's poison. They might suit one person but not another, as we're all built differently. I personally had a Mares Synchro Tech, and it didn't fit me at all, had trouble with it, so after 2 years i sold it and got the S111. The person who brought the mares off me is thrilled with it, he went diving 5-6 times with it before buying it, and he's just over the moon with it :eek:) it's important to get what we like basically.

cheers,
Olivier

I'm really comfortable with the J-115. I know people who'd hate it because it's not comfortable for them. It's all about preferences. I dove the S-111 once during my cert dives and dive the J-115 now. I love them both.

Back
Top Bottom