Is this part of being a Scuba diver??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
My last dive has been 5 days ago and I'm suffering from SCUBA withdrawl. All my gear has been neatly pack for nearly four days.
Lastnight I was awoken by a disturbing dream, I had forgotten what direction to place the tank on my BC. I quickly went to my stack of dive Magazines for a illustration, valve to the top, facing right, WHEW!!
After the then required pitstop in the reading room. I ventured to the kitchen to take a drink of water, looking out I saw a white SUV with a boat in tow, I opened the window and yelled "you need a different boat, theres no room to do a giant stride." The only response was the neighbors dog barking. Hum... I read somewhere about a leash and dog as a dive buddy? Would the neighbors notice? How could I get a cyclinder filled at 5am? I finished my glass of water, didn't taste right, need to add more salt.

As I lay back down I turned on the news, a gentleman caught a 1046 pound marlin off the Florida coast. Now wouldn't it have been nice to be under the water with such a fish? That's what I need a video camera I could video fish. I could dive the local lakes before a tournament sell the tapes, buy a compressor..wait I need dive gear for that.
Running into the garage and dive gear was still there, I then wheeled the dive bag into bedroom. I gets warm here in the summer must protect those rubber seals, was my justification.

Three more hours until the shop opens....

Didn't hear the yell (guess you're just too far away), but would have tossed tanks for you. 5am!

Too early on a workday - on a dive day, that's another story!

You didn't mention if you take dive magazines and gear brochures to work and look at them whenever no one is looking. -Starfish

You still have a ways to go. You haven't started walking around the house with your BCD on and breathing on your tanks. I found that using a snorkel is much cheaper doing this. But you know its just not the same.
P.S. I also find buying a big screen TV and putting in underwater videos help.

I find myself getting in trouble with the girlfriend cause all i talk about is diving. Occasionally when no one is home i fill up the tub put on the mask and snorkel.
We should start a support group called subaholics!

Your not totally hooked until you start running upto complete strangers with the "I'm out of air-Share air!" signal, with a stop watch in hand to see if they are quick enough to be trusted. Sure there's the ocassional slap from the bikini'd girl at my pool... but such is the cost of being a scubafreak! Let there be pudding!

Argh! Everybody hide, Gasman is coming this way! lol

You shouldn't be making signals like that to your 'bikini clad' mother anyways.Isn't it time you graduated to women you weren't related to? :p
Yoiu know you're having thr "DT's" when you are considering the bathtub as an official divesite and looking for a buddy to dive it with you and sign off on the dive...heheheh
(I'm free!)
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

True... she was a mother. But mine she wasn't. You're not still mad at me are you son? :all:

hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom