Moving Dives From Smart Com into Smart Trak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off Gas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to pull some dives off of a Smart Com computer. I purchased a USB Infrared Adapater (generic), but the software keeps telling me it can't connect with the dive computer.

Any suggestions would be great.

I have the Smart Tec, but I'm sure it works the same. I have to open the protective cover and make physical contact with the IRDA devices. I don't remember the details, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the software before I could get it to work. I'm not sure what kind of generic IRDA I have.

hope that helps.

I have the computer and the first couple times I had the same problem...make sure you have the computer turned on before you attempt to transfer data. I felt a little stupid after realizing that one.

Good luck

Are you using Windows Vista? If so, most IrDA devices do not work with Vista. I have to order a new IrDA as I just upgraded my computer. Also, as has been mentioned, it seems that the dive computer needs to be very close to the IrDA, and make sure it is pointed at the little Ir window.

Maybe some day Scubapro will get into the 90's technology and go bluetooth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom