Diving in York/Ogunquit area Sept 12, 13, 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipwd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi gang!

Wife and I are making our yearly pilgrimage to the area and we are looking for some dive buddies during the above dates. I've had great luck in the past hooking up with locals in the area that were very gracious and shared local dive knowledge and dove with us in previous years.

I am a fair diver with 150 dives several of which were sw. I'm not sure if the wife is diving, too, she is a newby but did great in the warm waters of PDC.

Any takers this year?

thanks!

I'm probably up for diving on either the 12th or 13th at Nubble Light in York. Other members of UDNH (United Divers of New Hampshire) would likely be available as well. Diving isn't allowed there on the 14th since that's a Sunday but I'm sure others will have ideas of other places to go. Keep in touch and we'll touch base closer to that date. I'll email you my phone number.

I'm set up to off on all of the Fridays in September and we'd welcome the chance to dive with you again. You're welcome to ping me as the weekend approaches. My wife is off too and she really enjoys it when we dive with other couples if that encourages your wife any. The water seems to be uncommonly warm despite the dreary weather. Based on some info from deep sea boats the gulf stream may be being kind to us.

What is PDC?

Pete

PDC = Playa Del Carmen

82 degree water, 100' vis

Man, I miss that!

David, Pete,

Thanks for the offers. I'll be in touch with both of you once I nail down the dates and times and see if wife will dive, too.

Chip

Shoot - wish I weren't already booked that weekend with non-diving stuff - the last time I went up to dive Nubble, we got blown out. I love that site - have a great time!

Sadiesmom

OK finally got it nailed down. The wife had issues lining up time off (ICU Nurse) but pulled it together.

We are coming to town (Ogunquit) Friday night and will be available to dive Sat 9/13 and/or Sunday 9/14. She is still a little tentative about diving because of some ear issues on her last dive but I'll bring her gear regardless. I hope she is up for it because I know she'll love it.

Hopefully someone is able to dive with us and the conditions are good.

This someone is all set, let me work on the conditions!

Backup plan might be a beach dive off of the marginal way by "little beach" on "lobsta point". Basically straigh off of the marginal way around those rocks to the right of the surf break coming out of the river. I surfed it Sunday. Water was FILTHY due to runoff from the passing hurricaine. Should be a lot better by next weekend. I have dove and scuba'd those rocks a few times. Lots of small stripers, some lobsters, starfish and generally very good vis.

Marginal way?

Where do you park, Perkins Cove? What's the hike like? It's been a few years since I have walked that path.

The good news is that starting tomorrow we seem to be into a spell of placid seas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom